Thinking about writing a novel? There’s no time like NaNoWriMo to get started, and your public library is here to support you on your journey!
What is NaNoWriMo? National Novel Writing Month is a challenge to write 50,000 words of a novel in thirty days. Learn more at nanowrimo.org »
Join your public library for upcoming virtual events
Writers’ Word Feast Presents: NaNoWriMo Come Write In
Sundays, 1:30-4:30 pm. All month long, join us for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) events. At “Come Write In!” events, the majority of the time will be spent writing with prompts shared at the beginning and sprints sprinkled throughout. So come write in virtual space with us!
- November 8: Register in Zoom now »
- November 15: Register in Zoom now »
- November 22: Register in Zoom now »
- November 29: Register in Zoom now »
- December 6: Wrap-Up: Register in Zoom now »
No Shush Salon: NaNoWriMo
Thursday, November 19, 6:30-9 pm. Hear from writers who are working on their NaNoWriMo novels present their works in progress at this month’s open mic. Each person will have 15 minutes to present their latest creative endeavor. Spectators are welcome and appreciated! Register in Zoom now »
Check out more events happening virtually for Indie Author Day
The 5th annual Indie Author Day is this Saturday, November 7. Each year on this day, libraries and organizations around the world welcome local indie authors, writers, and their communities for a day of education, networking, mingling, writing, open mics, panels, and more.
- 11 am: Interview with 2020 Indie Author of the Year, Jacqui Castle
- 12 pm: Announcement of the 2020 Indie Author Project Regional Contest Winners
- 1 pm: Author Panel: Writing in the Time of COVID
- Register for one or all sessions »
- And find a list of libraries offering digital events »
Create, publish & share your work
Oak Park Creates is a unique local creators program that empowers you to share your books, movies, and music with your community in both physical and digital formats. It also gives everyone the opportunity to read, listen, and check out what Oak Parkers are creating and publishing.
- Getting started? Create your book with Pressbooks »
- Have work to share? Oak Park Creates features original print and ebooks, movies, and music. Submit your work »
- Want to learn more? Review some basics and connect with our Oak Park Creates Coordinator.